I am SO happy to finally be back on the world wide web! A HUGE shout out to everyone who helped me with the launch of my site! You guys are the real MVPs, I absolutely could not have done this without you all!
In hopes of being able to create something that truly reflects me, I want to be able to use my blog as a creative outlet. Where I can share various things with you from my style finds to my favorite coffee shops to travel and so much more!
In honor of relaunching my blog, here’s 25 things about me!
- I am from Orange County, California, but grew up in Las Vegas, Nevada. I’m not sure if I can ever live away from the ocean again, but Vegas will always hold a special place in my heart.
2. I studied abroad in Mexico City and Guanajuato in January 2016, and it’s true what they say.. it’s LIFE CHANGING. I studied Muralism and the art of Frida Kahlo (which also included A LOT of Diego Rivera). Frida Kahlo y Diego Rivera’s last paintings that both included watermelons and the saying “viva la vida”, and now that has taken its own meaning to me.
3. I am obsessed with rap, R&B, and hip hop music. The 2000s R&B Pandora station is one of my go-to’s haha! Big Sean is my favorite, I met Big Sean right after he dropped Finally Famous and will forever be a fan of his.
4. I majored in Communications with a concentration in Advertising and minored in Art History at California State University, Fullerton, where I found myself spending more time looking for parking than in class (I wish I was kidding) and I finalllly get to walk this May! I analyze every ad (especially the ones I get served), and I go to art exhibits every chance I can get. You can ask all of my friends, I am both endlessly fascinated with both my major and my minor, and could probably talk your ear off about each of them.
5. I interned for the Los Angeles Clippers for two plus seasons, and I worked for the Anaheim Ducks for one season. I started with the Clippers in 2011 and with the Ducks in 2012. If you know your sports… Yes, I interned/worked for not one, but TWO professional spots organization lockouts. It definitely kept me busy to say the least!
5. I looove watching sports. I watch it all, NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB. Buuut I’ve never played a sport in my life and I am the most un-athletic human alive haha!
6. I am addicted to iced coffees and always have one in my hand or cup holder. It’s an issue.
7. I have two tattoos. One is on my left arm and says, “nm” for my little brother and sister’s initials (Natalie and Nathan Mai). The second, is on my right wrist and is the letter “T” for my uncle who passed away this year from liver cancer.
8. I am a kind of neat freak. If my car, room, bathroom, and etc. aren’t clean, I will lose my mind.
9. My alcoholic beverages of choice are either beer or wine. I workout because I looove beer haha.
10. I collect prints/post cards from most art exhibits or museums that I attend. I have so many and can’t wait to put them up one day. They are all so different and range from Monet to Siqueros to Haring!
11. You will NEVER see me without my nails painted! Ever. It’s honestly more of a maintenance thing, I can’t stand when my nails are long.
12. If there’s anything I’ve learned in my 20’s, its that I truly believe that universe gives us exactly what and who we need, when we need it. Even if we don’t agree or know it at the time. Everything happens for a reason and timing is everything!
13. I have this thing with white sneakers and will wear them with EVERYTHING.
15. Traveling is one of my favorite things in the entire world. My list gets longer and longer everyday! My dream trip is to go to Florence, Italy to see ALL of the Renaissance art I studied in college. Giotti, Michangelo, Da Vinci, and Botticelli. Oh, and to see the the Trevi Fountain again! When I was Rome two years ago, it was under construction and I didn’t get to live out my Lizzie McGuire moment! #notwhatdreamsaremadeof
16. When I was in 6th grade, I won the D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance and Education) essay contest, and I still have half of my essay… I’m not sure what happened to the other half of it haha.
17. I inherited my love for photography from my dad. Ever since I was a baby, he always had a camera in his hand, and would always be snapping pictures and now I do the same whether it’s of my coffee, sweet friends or some palm trees!
18. I am a Gemini. And a Gemini to a T. I find myself so conflicted in everything because I always see both sides of the situation!
19. You will always find Pepcid (so I can hide my Asian glow 😂), Chloe perfume, either a Ducks or Clippers game ticket, chapstick, and 5 of the-same-but-different lipsticks in my purse.
20. I have several solid white streaks in my hair. They grow naturally and I have no idea when or how they appeared. I used to dye my hair to cover them, but my hair girl Morgan (@morganparks901) loves them so we leave it now!
21. I’ve always loved watching movies! But if you ask me what my favorite movie is, I will say something different every time.
22. My family and friends are the most important people in my life. I cherish and love them endlessly and they know it!
23. My nickname, Mai Tai (like the drink) came from my former boss at Abercrombie and Fitch in Vegas aka my first job haha (hi Uche!). He called me Mai Tai one day and it’s stuck ever since!
25. I enjoy spending time alone. I think it’s so healthy to do things by yourself and to have a good relationship with yourself. Like J Cole says, love yourself girl or nobody will!
25. No one can ever guess what I am, so I will help you all out.. I am full Vietnamese!
I am really excited to for what’s ahead for What’s on Mai Mind! I appreciate you all so much for following along on my journey and supporting me!
Thanks for reading babes! xx
Photos are by my sweet friend Darryl (@darrylpricejr), he is the most talented human! 😊