You guys! It’s (one of) the best times of the year! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is here! I am an avid Nordstrom shopper and seriously think this is one of the best sales so I am here to give you the basic run-down and some of my tips + tricks!!
What’s great about the about sale is it’s all the latest trends for the upcoming fall that is MAJORLY discounted! I know, shopping for fall in the middle of summer doesn’t sound ideal, but I promise it is so worth it! As some of you may know, the sale has already started haha (whoops). But I wanted to scope it out before I reported back so let’s start with some important details!
SAVE THE DATES:
Early Access is from July 13th-20th
Public Access is from July 21st-August 6th
As most of you know, in order to shop the sale and get early access, you need a card (which you can apply for here)! I have the Nordstrom Debit which I was told by my friend Brian (who I shop with) that they no longer offer it. I love my Nordstrom Debit and I’m so sad to hear that they are phasing out the card!
You can shop the sale in-store or online! My biggest tip is to look online first! Since I have someone that I shop with, I like to go into the store to see certain items because I wanna see the quality/how it fits and etc. Anddd it’s a bonus that Brian is one of my good friends so we basically laugh the entire time. Plus, it’s fun if you have someone to shop with! They might make you try something new that you wouldn’t normally gravitate towards! I have definitely learned this from shopping with Brian in the past few years.
TIPS + TRICKS:
This is honestly my favorite time to stock up on the things that I use on a regular basis such as beauty + skincare items because the prices are so discounted! See below for what I buy. 🙂
If you like something, buy it! Like, STAT. Because chances are it WILL sell out.
If some items you like sells out and you can also ask them to check another store. Not many people know this, but online stock and in-store stock are different!
Brian also always tells me to, “buy now and think about it later” because of how quickly things sell out! So if that’s something you can do, it’s a good option if you’re on the fence about something.
In my opinion, some of the best things to get during this sale are: beauty exclusives (they always have great bundles), skincare (my toner comes in a double pack!), shoes (sneak/athletic + trendy + designer), designer denim, activewear, basic tees, lingerie (hanky panky on sale?! Yes please!), and jackets (suede moto + leather!)
WHAT I BUY:
- I ALWAYS stock up on my Zella Live In Leggings, but I got THESE this year and I’m OBSESSED with them! I am hoping they will get restocked because you NEED them, they are so good!
- I read about these Arcona Triad Pads from Gal Meets Glam years ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since! The cranberry hydrates and tones your face and it is the most refreshing thing ever!
- It never fails that I always end up finding some sort of sweater I like and THIS one is probably one of my favorite purchases from the sale! It’s currently sold out, but I am crossing my fingers for a restock! *SIZE TIP: I am normally a size 4 in Topshop sweaters, but I sized down to a 2 on this one and it still fits pretty oversized!
- Brian recently helped me discover my newest obsession: MOTHER denim! Seriously, what was I wearing before this?! Definitely blaming this one on him, but THIS pair gave me major heart eyes and fits in alll the right places. If ya know what I mean haha! Also hoping for a restock in these, they fit like a glove! *SIZE TIP: I size down in all of my MOTHER denim and this one especially!
- I went to the anni sale with my friend Kayla who was searching for SPANX Faux Leather Leggings and you guys, they are amazing!! So amazing that I bought them too and we can’t wait to wear them together.😂 I mean, once you get them on they are haha! *SIZE TIP: we both sized up and got a M in these!
- For some reason, I only ever remember to buy laundry/lingerie bags during this sale. I use them to wash all of my delicates in! Especially my dresses and tees!
- Last year, I bought my favorite leather jacket during the anni sale and this year they made the jacket with GOLD hardware. IT IS TO DIE FOR.
- Dying over this grey suede moto jacket! It’s even prettier in person! Kayla bought it in ‘Spice’ and now I’m contemplating really being twins with her haha.
- I have two pairs of rag and bone booties, one pair is from 5+ years ago and the other pair is from 2 years, I have to say that they are the greatest shoes to invest in! I never believed in investing in great shoes until I tried a pair of rag and bone on! The Wesley bootie in Hazel is a dream and so is the Margot Fringe Cap bootie. The Margot was sold out last night and just restocked this morning! *SIZE TIP: rag and bone run small! I sized up one full size in both of my booties!
- I’ve seen every other blogger pick up this Topshop jumpsuit, but for good reason! SO CUTE!
Happy shopping, friends! xx